Monday, June 23, 2008

Kindred Spirit

During my life's journey so far, I have been blessed to have made the acquaintance of a few "kindred spirits" along the way. If you have one yourself, you know the type of person about whom I am referring. These are the people to whom you are connected on a level separate from time and space. My sister is one of these people---which is good, because, being she lives across the Atlantic Ocean, time and space are not on our side! But our connection transcends that. I often know that she will be calling me even before the phone rings. My friend, Amy, in Phoenix, is another one of my kindred spirits. I have been thinking of her a lot lately. Tonight, after I put the kids to bed, I wandered downstairs, feeling alone (Mike left for San Antonio today and won't be back until Thursday night), and wondering for a split second how I might remedy that, when the phone rang. It was Amy. Thanks for the great chat, Amy, and for your friendship. I am glad our connection has transcended time and space! I just added another entry below. I hope it keeps you entertained (perhaps even enlightened?) at work! ;-)

3 comments:

dragonfly said...

Wow, I made it into the blog! I am a little "ferklempt"! (sp?)
I am at work and just thought to myself - "oh yeah, I need to check Amy's blog" and was so glad to find a new entry!
I sure do miss you and am glad we remain connected on all the various levels!
I guess I also need to check out this skinned knee book!
:0)

dragonfly said...

Thanks, Amy! I am a little teary eyed...
I sure do miss you and am so glad we have remained "connected" on so many levels!
Talk to you soon!

Quilting Bea said...

Hi, Amy. Thanks for your comment on my blog about my mom. I have been meaning to come over here and check out what you've been doing. I can see now that I am going to want to come back another time when I have LOTS of time to look at all the pictures of your two beautiful daughters...and read a lot more than I have time for now. After just flying back from Illinois and getting home at 10:00 last night, Jerry and I have two days to get a few things done...including unpack, do laundry, and the repack and get in the car to drive back to Illinois! We have had our vacation to Illinois planned for quite some time now. We'll be spending some time in Sheridan with friends (I made sure we'd be there for the 4th of July! :)) and then we're going to spend a few days in Chicago. I'm so excited about all this...but right now the idea of driving back up all that way is just not appealing.
When we get back, though, things will be slowing down quite a bit here and I'll be taking time to read your blog and look at you pics.
Keep writing!
Jo Beth