Now, I have to tell you, last year was my first winter in 12 years. It was novel and fun...for the first 3 months. Our kids had never experienced snow or cold weather or sledding. Sliding down the many hills in our area, we felt like kids again ourselves. But that was last year and, like I said before, it had been 12 years since I had done that. Now, a mere 6 months later, we are gearing up for another one, and I am not ready....I need another 11.5 years!
Fall has been great, though, and since I haven't really updated this blog since it began, here are some of the highlights from the last month:
- Going to Minnetonka Orchards for a beautiful day with the family
- Celebrating Ava's 3rd birthday with family and friends
- Playing in the leaves with the girls
- Going to Iowa City to see my beloved parents and their beloved Hawkeyes; reminiscing with my college roommate over dinner and drinks in our old "stomping grounds"
- Taking a ride on the Excelsior Ghost Trolley with the family
- Packing kosher meals for needy Jewish families with Maya thanks to Project Elijah
I'm also currently reading (more like "muddling through") Middlesex for my book club, planning a unit on Jewish Short Stories and Poetry for 7th, 8th, and 9th graders, and taking a Spanish class....all secondary to being a wife and mother, full-time. So, now you know why I can't keep up with this blog!